I needed something theraputic, so here we go. Lets start with a favorite story of mine.
A man was walking one day when he fell into a deep hole. From the depths he yelled and screamed for help. After a few hours a stranger came walking by and found the man at the bottom of this deep hole. The stranger quickly responded, "Oh gosh, let me run and find help!" The stranger turned and ran walked away. After waiting patiently, the stranger never returned. A short while later a priest came walking by and said, "Oh my, what has happened to you my child?" The man, tired begged for the Priest to give him a hand. The Priest answered, "Of course my son." He then quickly knelt down and prayed for the man to be saved. Then the priest walked away. People came and people left. Finally, a friend of the mans walked by the deep pit. He shouted, "Hey what happened?" "I feel in this hole and now I am stuck. Can you help me?" answered the man from the bottom of the hole. The friend quickly responded, "Sure!" And he jumped right in. The man at the bottom of the hole said, "Great! Now both of us are stuck down here!" To which the friend turned to him and answered, "Ya, your right. Except, we are not stuck. I have been down here before and I know the way out"
This story comes from an episode of the WestWing and is retold to the best of my ability. Many, many people ask how things are going. And many of these people are truly sincere. Few are the people that actually step up and provide the real help when it is needed the most.
This is my first blog. Future blogs will chronicle the life of our now 26 month old, Dj. He was dx at 23 months and life has not been easy ever since. My amazing wife and I find ourselves challenged everyday by Diabetes. Our goal is to provide our son with a life as normal as possible with as little limitations as possible all the while maintaining his health and healthy eating styles.
Tip #1-Taking insulin shots. If you want to know what your son/daughter is going through, walk a mile in their shoes. Set the example of what your expectations are. Dj was not comfortable with his insulin injections until he saw that I too was getting an injection. Then it turned into a my turn, your turn.
No comments:
Post a Comment